11-Day Four Imperial Cities, Sahara & Beyond
Tour Style: Private Tour (No Join-in Group Tour)
- Appreciate the history and culture of the four imperial cities of Morocco
- Experience the Sahara Desert with a desert camping and camel ride
- Marvel at three different seasons in one day when drive pass the Middle Atlas Mountains
ItineraryShow/Hide all days
- Day 1Welcome to Casablanca, Morocco! Your private English-speaking chauffeur guide will meet you at the exit of the airport. After a short break, you will set off for the architectural and historical landmark of Casablanca - the Hassan II Mosque, which was built in the mid-1980s, is the largest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest mosque in the world.
- Day 2After breakfast, head to Rabat, one of the four imperial cities and present-day capital of Morocco. You will visit the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the 12th-century Hassan Tower. Continue to the Kasbah of the Udayas, you can discover the rich history of Morocco in this UNESCO World Heritage Site and walk through the streets with white and blue-washed walls to feel the romantic and relaxing ambiance. After your visit depart for the imperial city of Fez.
- Day 3On this day, you will have a panorama view of Fez, the oldest of the imperial cities. Dazzling wares and shops, narrow and winding streets, traditional tanneries and potteries, you can find a lot of fun in this world’s largest Medina of Fez. Your chauffeur guide will escort you and tell you the history and culture of Fez at your request.
After the visit to the King’s Palace, you will have some free time in the afternoon. Spend your time shopping for some local souvenirs maybe a great choice, or you could continue to explore this charming city on your own.
- Day 4Take a morning excursion to the Roman Ruins of Volubilis, one of Morocco’s best-preserved and partly excavated Roman city. Next, pay a visit to another historic ruin - Moulay Idriss, which’s considered to be the holiest city of Morocco.
After lunch, head for your third imperial city- Meknes. With relatively fewer tourists, Meknes provides a better experience to interact with locals and to feel an authentic Moroccan lifestyle. Afterward, drive back to Fez.
- Day 5Today, you will have the longest drive of the tour for your next destination Erfoud. But the attractions along the way won’t let you down. You will ascend the Middle Atlas Mountains through a forest of cedar trees. Travel past Ifrane, a nice ski resort town with European flavor. And have lunch in Midelt, a small town with a great view of the Eastern High Atlas.
Continue to the Ziz Valley and the Tafilalt oases where you could see dense palm trees. Later, you will arrive at Erfoud, a popular movie filming place due to its location, and the most important is you are closer to your dreaming desert adventure.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6Today is for you to admire and experience the majestic Sahara Desert. This morning, you will take a visit to the goat hair tent to know how the nomads live in the desert. Thereafter, get a chance to learn about the Gnawa people and enjoy the Gnawa music.
In the afternoon, head for the sea of sand of Erg Chebbi and go deep into the fascinating Sahara Desert by a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Continue to take a camel ride trekking from the sand dunes to the oasis. En route, the light of the setting sun will create a golden world with endless sand and dune for you. If you prefer, you can stay overnight in a Berber tent to experience the romantic starry night.
Overnight: Erg Chebbi
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7Rise early in the morning and climb up to a dune, where a good place to feel the silence of the desert and capture the spectacular sunrise. After a short break, transfer to the Dades Gorge at Tinerhir, which is renowned for lush palm trees and Jewish quarter. You will pass by the Todra Gorge that is recognized around the world as one of the most spectacular canyons with 300-meter-sheer cliffs and a just 20-meter-wide mouth. Continue your tour to Ouarzazate for an overnight stay.
- Day 8Set off for the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage site that you may see many times in the famous movies, like Gladiator, Game of Thrones and Black Hawk Down. You can overlook the splendid valley surrounded by a river while walking along the path of the castle. After that, leave for Marrakech and enjoy some free time there.
- Day 9Start your city sightseeing from the brilliant Bahia Palace to the Saadian Tombs; After lunch, visit the Koutoubia Mosque and take a leisurely stroll around its garden.
Continue you will visit the fabulous square of Morocco - the Jemaa el-Fnaa, where full of various shops, wares, restaurants, foodand performers. Find a seat and order a cup of traditional mint tea is highly suggested for you to enjoy the spectacle.
- Day 10Today you will have the chance to explore this "Red City" at your own pace. You can choose every way you prefer to get a deep understanding of this city. And don’t forget to choose some favorite souvenirs or gifts in the old Medina to complete your wonderful Morocco tour.
- Day 11Enjoy some leisure time before being picked up and escorted to the Casablanca airport (about 3 hours' drive) for your flight back home.
What Our Clients Say About Us
- 2012 – 2018 TripAdvisor
Certificate of Excellence
- 5000+ positive reviews
- 98% would recommend us
- the Hassan II Mosque
- Medina of Fez
- Sahara Desert Tour
- Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou
- Street Performer in the Jemaa el-Fna
- Street around the Kasbah of the Udayas
Why Choose Odynovo
- Tailored Itinerary
Flexible travel dates
- Private Tour
Private guide & A/C vehicle
Greatest value for money
- Professional Services
Quick reply within 24hrs
24/7 customer care