At Odynovo, we believe that traveling responsibly and sustainably helps make the world better. When we travel, we meet new people and come to understand that despite the distance, circumstance, and lifestyle, we're all a lot alike; we participate in local communities through activities like volunteering at local schools; we demonstrate the power of coming together to do good in the world; we appreciate natural wonders to understand the impact of the environment; we marvel at historical monuments to learn about the good and bad...and that makes us a better person.
Ultimately, responsible travel can change the way we think, feel, and act and bring a positive impact on the destination, its people, environment, and wildlife. Join us to make the world better.
Help Local Communities
Meeting local people and experiencing their culture is the best way to discover the true essence of a destination. Whether you're catching your lunch with a local family, donating time or money to communities during difficult times, involving residents in tourism training, volunteering in schools, visiting minority tribes and villages, it's these human-to-human interactions that make our travels so meaningful and unforgettable.
What we have done through a combination of vacation visits and donations:
- Home visits in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Morocco, Cambodia, Peru, India, Sri Lanka, etc.
- Floating villages or minority tribes visits in Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, The Philippines, Japan, Peru, Kenya, etc.
- Local shows in Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Spain, Egypt, etc.
- Local school classes in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- Tourism skill training in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, and India.
- Donations to Nepal and Sichuan, China after the earthquake.
- Donations to International Surgical Volunteerism Program and Wells Program in Cambodia.
Travel in Animal-Friendly Way
At Odynovo, we believe that, with few exceptions, wildlife belongs in the wild. Many of our vacations enable people to see animals in their own environments, displaying natural behaviors, and these vacations will also contribute towards the conservation of this wildlife and - crucially - their habitats. And we also promote some wildlife sanctuaries, rescue and rehabilitation centers, centers that breed endangered wildlife, and aquariums - as long as these do not contain large species such as sea lions, sharks, and cetaceans.
Here are some of the wildlife parks, rescue and conservancy visits included on our trips:
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and Wildlife National Parks in Malaysia.
- Tarsier Sanctuary and Palawan Wildlife Rescue Center in the Philippines.
- Elephant Sanctuaries in Thailand.
- Wildlife National Parks and whale watching in Sri Lanka.
- Wildlife National Parks in India.
- Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base in Sichuan, China.
- Wildlife National Parks in Africa and South America.
Reflect Past, Brighten Future
Every destination has its own story, culture, and history. Planning out a trip with Odynovo to visit historical places, ancient ruins, museums, memorials, and monuments, you will have a chance to time travel and learn in deep about those times. And most importantly, you will get a bigger picture of the world today.
Reflect on the past and brighten the future by visiting some of the historical sights and attractions included on our trips:
- War Remnants Museum, Cu Chi Tunnels in Vietnam.
- Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Killing Fields of Choeung EK in Cambodia.
- The "Death" Railway and Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum in Thailand
- Taukkyan War Cemetery in Myanmar.
- Gallipoli 1st World War Battlefields in Turkey.
- Takayama Showa-kan Museum in Japan.
- Cecilienhof Palace in German.
- El Alamein War Cemetery in Egypt.
- War Memorial Museum in Korea.
- The Golan Heights in Israel.
Odynovo's Top 10 Responsible Travel Tips
Working toward a better and more sustainable future for the destinations we visit is the only way to ensure that travel will be available to all for years to come.
- Learn about the destination's religion, culture, and local rules before leaving home.
- Learn what's appropriate behavior and body language.
- Support locally owned businesses, hotels, restaurants, and other services.
- Ask for permission before taking photos in historical sites or of local people.
- Wear appropriate clothing and be respectful in religious sites.
- Approach cultural differences with empathy and an open mind.
- Avoid buying any exploitive wildlife products.
- Support the community through a local school, clinic, or development project.
- Travel with a reusable water bottle.
- Reuse hotel towels and turn the lights off when you leave your room.