The Egyptian government has launched a new e-Visa service for 46 countries including the United States, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and New Zealand. This new policy aims to facilitate the progress of traveling to Egypt, which will bring great convenience to more travelers and expedite the process at border control.
The mythical Great Sphinx of Giza beside the Pyramid
In the past, it was time-consuming and troublesome to apply for a visa on arrival as travelers needed to prepare many kinds of papers. Also, once travelers landed, they needed to wait in a long line at the immigration office to go to the visa on arrival window, where payment could be made only in US dollars. By contrast, today the process of applying for an e-visa is simpler, quicker and more convenient for travelers to visit Egypt.
Facts about the new e-Visa:
- Applicants need to complete a simple online application to apply for an e-Visa. You are advised to start the application at least 7 days before departure.
- With the e-visa, travelers can visit Egypt for a maximum duration of 30 days from the date of entry.
- It is valid to use for a period of 3 months from the date of issuance.
- A single-entry e-visa is priced at $25, and a multiple-entry visa is at $60.
- Payment shall be made on a credit or debit card.
- The requirements for entry: a passport valid for at least eight months, a printout of the e-visa, and the travel itinerary (including accommodation details).
The magnificent scenery of Red Sea
Egypt is the gift of the Nile, and a world of ancient wonders blessed with a rich cultural heritage, including world-famous pyramids, historic temples and the wonderful scenery of the Red Sea. It's worth planning and starting a once-in-a-lifetime Egypt tour to discover its ancient story. Let us customize an Egypt tour for you according to your interests now.
You are welcome to contact us at for any tour inquiries and assistance.